I once again had the privilege of attending the DevOps Enterprise Summit. This time it was in the U.K. at the Hilton Metropole. I was impressed with the representation and talks from companies and organization across the UK and the rest of Europe: SAP, ITV, Hiscox, ING, Barclays, HMRC, Zurich, and many more.
Themes that I picked up from these DevOps leaders:
- People – Its all about People – empathy, org change, transformation
- Speed – Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Quality – Investment in DevOps practices often results in higher quality output
- Agility – Microservices and Flexible Infrastructure
- Security – Everyone’s responsibility
- Business – Focus on Product vs. Project with integration with business in transformation (BizDevOps?)
I was honored to speak again and talk about our DevOps journey at Disney.
Even though I wasn’t able to record my presentation, ComputerWorld UK provided a great write-up of my talk, and even gave me a new title! 🙂
— DOES17 London (@DOES_EUR) July 1, 2016
There was considerable interest in our journey to DevOps, especially our transition from Operation Specialist to embedded Systems Engineers.
— Chef (@chef) July 20, 2016
“If technology is done well it looks like magic” @jasonacox
— Luigi Cardito (@luigicardito) June 30, 2016
"This is what our organisation looks like – oh no wait, that's a star destroyer…"
Jason Cox killing it at #DOES16
— Tumble b (@tumble_b) June 30, 2016
Systems strategy chief Jason Cox details Disney’s devops journey – ComputerWorld UK
Tips for DevOps Success from DOES 2016 – ComputerWorld UK
DevOps Across the Pond – London Reprise – ITproPortal
Overcoming the scale-up challenge of enterprise DevOps adoption – ComputerWeekly.com